Packing, shipping costs, shipping/delivery, customs, Returns
Please be aware:
Due to the worldwide CorVid-19 pandemic and the resulting excessive burden on the postal companies and delivery services, severe delays in both Thailand and especially in the destination country are to be expected.
Tracking entries are only made within Thailand and in the destination country when the parcels are being processed (not during the travel of the shipments). Therefore there can be a gap in the timeline depending on how long a parcel is “on route” (traveling) or if the destination country is storing international mail before handling and processing it.
We have no influence on this and hope for your understanding.
1. We do pack all our goods neatly and carefully.
2. We use plastic bags which we seal with adhesive tape so the goods can not get wet, mold or dirty.
3. In order to produce less or avoid unnecessary waste, we usually use soft paper envelopes instead of cardboard boxes. If you wish otherwise, please send us a note within the order or send an email to “firstname.lastname@example.org“. In our experience soft paper parcels also often pass customs faster or easier than hard cardboard boxes.
4. A Customs Declaration will be filled out and attached outside the parcel. If you wish, we can also attach a receipt outside on the parcel (as some countries might demand that), please let us know.
5. For orders over 2 kg you might be able to save money by splitting your order, since the cheaper “Small Packet Air” or “ePacket Air” shipping methods both are limited to 2 kg. If you are uncertain and need help with the calculations, please contact us: “email@example.com“.
6. Please be aware of your countries free import limitations.
For more transparency and due to new diverse shipping costs and shipping methods worldwide, all product prices do not include shipping costs (anymore).
You can select your destination country in the shopping cart (or during the checkout) so the available shipping methods including prices and total end prices will be indicated immediately. (No need to fill in any form or give further personal information.)
If you believe that the shipping prices are incorrect or if you know of a better (less expensive or faster) way of shipping to your country, please let us know!
Shipping / delivery
1. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic international shipping regulations might change every now and then. We try our best to keep updated. Please let us know, if you find out that we aren’t, we will be happy to take any advice and double-check our data and information.
Although international air traffic has resumed to a large extent, shipping to some countries is only possible via surface mail. There are also still many countries where shipping is currently not possible at all.
2. Regardless of the shipping method, we always send registered (certified) mail. We will provide you with the registration / shipping code and other relevant information. Should you not receive any such mail from us, please check your spam! The registration number (with barcode) enables you to track your parcel. The tracking is limited though to Thailand and the destination country when the parcels are being processed (not during the travel of the shipments). Therefore there can be a gap in the tracking timeline depending on how long a parcel is “on route” (traveling) or if the destination country is storing international mail before handling and processing it, as some countries seem to do.
3. The receipt of each registered shipment must be countersigned by the recipient. By registering (barcode), goods and service are insured and therefore an official investigation by the postal company is possible. Also, Thailand Post offers a “Track & Trace” (Tracking) of the shipment, although some postal companies are rather slow or lazy providing or updating the data, and the Thailand Post itself is responsible only for updating the data within Thailand.
For “Tracking YOUR Shipment”, please click here!
4. We strive hard to provide the fastest possible processing and dispatch, usually within a working day after the receipt of payment on our PayPal account.
5. We ship directly from Thailand with Thailand Post (which proved to be exemplary and reliable and with which we have made only good experiences over many years) – delivery usually takes about 2 weeks (during this time of COVID-19 though, you should take significant delays into account!). This period is, however, highly dependent on the national postal company in the recipient country. The mentioned 2 weeks are a guideline, not a guaranteed commitment. We (unfortunately) have no effect or authority on the postal companies and their processing and delivery of mail and shipments.
6. On Saturday afternoons, Sundays and national holidays, the Thailand Post is closed.
7. The shipping with other companies (e.g. UPS, DHL, …) is probably available upon request, though only after additional payment for the much higher postage costs. In most recent cases I found the shipping costs for FedEx, DHL, UPS unacceptably high. If you do know any reasonable services, please let us know.
8. Express shipping is also possible, but only at special request and usually with a considerable surcharge (which unfortunately is often disproportionate to the price of the items ordered).
Canadian Post – It seems that the Canadian Post has its own specific policy concerning parcels from Asia. They even allegedly admitted to deliberately delay those parcels because they don’t make any profit. The average shipping time from Asia to a recipient in Canada seems to be about 3 months (although there is no guarantee even for that)! So I emphatically ask all Canadians for patience and please don’t blame the sender (us) for any delay.
Germany – Shipments to Germany seem also often to be delayed either by the German Customs or prior to that in the IPZ (int. post center). The German Post and German Customs also often seem ignorant to inquiries. A delivery time of more than a month is not even rare, but in the end all parcels have been delivered sooner or later. We kindly ask for your understanding that we have no influence on those matters.
1. In general, there are no customs charges / customs duty for shipments of low value parcels as the upper limit for duty-free import is rarely exceeded. But should you make a bigger order, please check the regulations of your home country prior to your order, as only you (the recipient) are responsible for the import.
2. For other import duties, as the import sales tax, there are usually also free limits (FOB), depending on the import laws of the recipient country.
3. The regulations and the amount of free allowances (FOB) vary from country to country, please inform yourself about the regulations and provisions in your country. These free limits might well be exceeded, so be aware that import taxes might occur.
5. It is generally established that customs and import in any case be solely the responsibility of the recipient. Possible costs for imports shall be borne by the purchaser / recipient.
We recommend strongly to inform yourself about the import regulations of your country before making an order.
If you wish us to handle customs preparations / fill out the customs declaration in a particular way or if you have general questions about this matter, please contact us: “firstname.lastname@example.org“.
Returns & replacements
1. Any kinds of complaints leading to a compensation or replacement must be made no more than 14 days after the receipt of the goods.
2. In any case where we made any mistake we certainly take full responsibility to offer a satisfiying compensation, replace the goods at our expense or pay back the full amount of your payment. A photo to prove our mistake might occasionally be demanded.
3. If you receive a damaged parcel, or if the parcel already has been opened (e.g. by the customs) please ask the postman (or supplier, customs officer, …) to be present as a witness when you open the parcel. This will make sure, you can demand compensation (from the post or the customs).
Returns (if not caused by a mistake on our part)
1. Due to the high shipping costs and our low product prices, we unfortunately can not offer “free” returns.
2. If you want to return goods, you will have to pay for the sending back and we will only return the product buying price (in case of doubt the price that has been entered in the customs declaration on the parcel) and not the shipping costs for the first shipping. The refund will be paid back via PayPal only AFTER we received the returned goods and only if the goods are untainted.
Replacements (if not caused by a mistake on our part)
1. For the same reason (high shipping costs) we can not offer free replacements of goods.
2. Apart from vague dimensions like S, M, L, XL, … we always give more accurate and specific dimensions for every product and every size. Please make sure to compare those given dimensions (width and length) with a well fitting item at home.
3. If you want to have some goods replaced (as long as we haven’t sent the wrong item, size or color), you will have to pay for both, the sending back of the received item(s) and for the new shipment. The shipping costs altogether though might be quite high, so you should consider this very well.
In any case if you should be discontent with our products, please let us know. We are convinced to sell a product of high quality and we will always be open for solutions that both sides can agree on. Just send an email to “email@example.com“.